A comprehensive video course containing everything you need to get started with Examcraft Formative quickly.
To log in to the Examcraft Formative you just need to access the link below:
Once you are on the login page:
1. Select the option to connect with a Google or Microsoft account
2. Allow permission > you’re in!
3. If you don’t use Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams, just input your email address and create a password.
Get to know the interface:
Dashboard – Formatives/Classes + Menu (left side)
Classes – Where you create/sync/manage classes
Library – Where you will find/navigate through content
Tracker – Where you will see and track students’ performance
Teams & Admin – Manage your teams and their members (mostly for heads of departments and principals)
How to create a new class by synching with your Learning Management System:
1. Select the option ‘Roster Sync’.
2. It will prompt you to allow connection with your Google/Microsoft account.
3. Your classes will appear on Formative.
4. Select the classes you would like to ‘connect’ (all students’ names and emails should appear and be already selected.
How to create a new class:
If you don’t use Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams, just select the button ‘New class’. You can then either type the names and emails of your students manually or ask them to use the link and code to join a class.
For any alterations made to the classroom (students joining or leaving) you just need to repeat the sync and save.
Get to know the content first and plan how you will use it.
1. Access the library items clicking on Filter and then choosing your school name. (Make sure you are logged in with the email on which you were invited to the platform – your work email)
2. Import the content from your subject to your dashboard.
3. The content is now on your dashboard ready to be assigned.
Once you’re familiar with the content and have imported the relevant subject/topics to your dashboard, you are ready to assign the contents to your students.
1. You can do a ‘quick assign’ by selecting the + option on your dashboard under the corresponding classroom.
2. You can also open the Formative of your choice and on the top bar select the ‘Assign’ tab.
There are a few different options regarding how you can assign a Formative, please explore these options according to your preference/teaching practice.
3. Select the option to ‘Assign and post to classroom’ option to have the assignment posted to your students on the Google Classroom dashboard. The same works for Microsoft Teams!
4. Use different types of assignments to create a different dynamic and different learning experiences within the class. These will be further explored in Module II.
1. Make sure your class has been set up in Examcraft Formative
2. Once the content is assigned, the students will receive a notification on their LMS dashboard as well as an email notification (as per any other assignment posted on the platforms such as Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams).
3. By clicking on the link, the students will be redirected to the Examcraft Formative platform, where they will be prompted to log in using their Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams account. Please make sure they use the same account and email that they normally use for school purposes. (As it’s common for students to also have their personal emails on their devices, it’s important to ensure they select the correct account, so that integration between the platforms works correctly).
4. Once logged in to the Examcraft Formative platform, the students can start answering the assignments.
5. They will be able to view their answers and results according to the assignment options the teacher chose. All their assignments can be viewed in full on the platform, including results, correct answers and teachers comments.
*For Students: When using the advanced option of Grade Passback with Google Classroom the students will also be able to see their results through Google Classroom.
**For Teachers: Results can also be filtered by standards, for questions that have standards tagged on, which helps to easily monitor the progression on a topic. This option of filtering by standards is also available for teachers when viewing a class result, which can help guide class planning. More on this in Module II.
When you select the formative, in the top bar you will see the ‘View responses’ option, where you can see your students answering the questions in real time.
This will allow you to help them to advance in the topics or threads in which they’re not doing so well, and it’s an excellent feature to understand where students are having difficulties, both individually and as a class. Providing feedback and being able to analyse the data makes it much easier to empower your students where they need it most, and to follow their progress.
Can students see the answers?
You just need to adjust the settings in the Formative, in the ‘Assign’ tab > ‘Return scores’ and ‘Return correct answers’ to the best suitable option and choose ‘Update only’. The new settings will appear for students in both, Formative and Classroom, once they refresh the page.
*Google Classroom has the advanced feature called ‘Grade Passback’ where teachers can share the results between the platforms. Please see Module II for more.
Well done! You have just completed the introduction to Examcraft Formative for teachers. You are now able to:
If you already mastered all of the features in Module 1, jump into Module 2 and bring your practice to the next level.